[Vassarfilmmakers-l] COOL OPPORTUNITY + MEETING TOMORROW 5 PM

Grace Statwick lestatwick at vassar.edu
Thu Feb 17 14:25:15 EST 2011

Yo all!

Woodrow Travers is offering a job. Jump on it:

"Join a short thesis film as an unpaid script supervisor for this Friday the 18th, Saturday the 19th and Sunday the 20th.  We are filming in Sleepy Hollow, New York near Westchester, which is about 45 minute train ride from Vassar.  We'll of course pay for travel and food and they will meet people from NYU grad, School of Visual Arts, and Columbia grad on this project - all independent filmmakers living in New York.  They just gotta help us keep continuity and I will impart wisdom to them!!!  It's an
opportunity to learn, meet people, and be invited to work as a PA on any film I make in the future. Please let me know asap as we're extending this offer to many others and it is a first come first serve thing.  If they have any questions they can email me:  Woodrow.Travers at Gmail.com or call me @ 802-249-3360."

ALSO:
We have some exciting things in the works!

We have decided to make the End-of-the-Year Screening a contest, complete with audience voting and cash prizes. CASH. PRIZES. If that doesn't kick you in the pants to make a film this semester, I don't know what will.

Come to meeting, tomorrow, Rocky 310, 5-6 pm.

Another thing: our own VP Stephanie Donnelly is screening her (awesome) 30-minute documentary next Friday, the 25th, at 7:30pm at the Hudson Valley LGBTQ Center on Wall Street in Kingston. Free
admission. I highly suggest you go; it would be awesome.