[Vassarfilmmakers-l] Stop-Motion Animation Workshop Tomorrow!!

Grace Statwick lestatwick at vassar.edu
Thu Feb 24 13:48:45 EST 2011

Hey all--

So this will be fun! Several of you requested this workshop, so here it is.

For our last meeting before Spring Break, our very own VP Stephanie Donnelly will be demonstrating the basics of stop-motion animation. Then we'll all get a chance to play around and make super-short stop-motion projects. PLUS, COOKIES PROVIDED!

Rocky 310! 5 pm! Bring yo' friends!

ALSO -- SCREWBALL COMEDY IN THE AFTERNOON AND NOIR AT NIGHT!

This Saturday and Sunday, Taylor 203, we're bringing film historian Lou Sabini to do SIX SCREENINGS OF CLASSIC HOLLYWOOD 16 MM PRINTS. This is a fantastic opportunity to see real film projected, learn a little behind-the-scenes from a really knowledgeable guy, and the movies are great:

Saturday, February 26th:
-----------------------
1:00 PM- THE AWFUL TRUTH
Director: Leo McCarey
Starring: Cary Grant, Irene Dunne

3:00 PM - BRINGING UP BABY
Director: Howard Hawks
Staring: Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant

6:00 PM - KISS OF DEATH
Director: Henry Hathaway
Starring: Victor Mature, Brian Donlevy

Sunday, February 27th:
-----------------------
1:00 PM - SULLIVAN'S TRAVELS
Director: Preston Sturges
Starring: Joel McCrea, Veronica Lake

3:00 PM - THE MAJOR AND THE MINOR
Director: Billy Wilder
Starring: Ginger Rogers, Ray Milland

6:00 PM - THE WINDOW
Director: Ted Tetzlaff
Starring: Arthur Kennedy, Bobby Driscoll, Barbara Hale

grace