[VCFilmmakers] Wednesday: Chilled out screening // Friday: Horror Lecture by Prof. Harvey

Vassar Filmmakers vcfilmmakers-l at lists.vassar.edu
Mon Apr 28 15:34:29 EDT 2014

Hey all,

This week we got two lovely events for you:

1)* SCREENING of **Rudo y Cursi - * Wednesday, April 30th at 8pm at CDF 018
We are hosting a relaxed study break/screening of *Rudo y Cursi*, an
influential Mexican film by Carlos Cuaron.

Who's Carlos Cuaron?? We'll I'd hate to reduce any artist to their relation
to a more famous artist, but he's the brother of Alfonso Cuaron, which
mean's he's a Vassar grad's uncle! Yo, think about it! Anyways there will
be pizza.

*2) "Inside the Belly of the Beast," a talk by Prof. Sophia Harvey*
Friday, May 2nd at 5:30pm at CDF 109 (Rosenwald Theater)
We're personally hosting a lecture by Prof. Harvey. She'll talk about
various important horror films from around the world. It'll be spooky, fun,
and informative! Prof. Harvey teaches Asian Horror as well as many other
classes.

I also made a bad-ass poster for the event: