[Vassarfilmmakers-l] Film contest opportunity

Grace Statwick lestatwick at vassar.edu
Tue Apr 5 21:26:51 EDT 2011

Yo all,
So...who wants to enter a contest?

"Myself and several other students are competing in a competition called the Fed Challenge. The competition takes place next fall. Before then though, as a sort of prep, we are entering a short film competition. The challenge is to make a 5 minute or less short film about why the Federal Reserve needs to be independent of the central government. We can do all of the writing, and a bit of the acting, but we have little experience making films. We would love it if any of the filmmakers would want to direct and shoot the film for us. The competition deadline is April 18th, so please let us know soon if anyone would be interested in entering this competition with us.

Its a film contest sponsored by the St. Louis Federal Reserve. The challenge is to explain the importance of Federal Reserve Independence in 5 minutes or less at a complexity that is understandable to high schoolers. There are prizes for the winners. Here is a link with more information about the contest:

http://stlouisfed.org/education_resources/videocontest.cfm"

For more, email Todd Densen at todd.densen at gmail.com. First place gets a $1,000 US Savings Bond...whoooo!

Hope you're having a lovely week,
grace